- What is familiar in this week's Torah reading?
- What is disturbing in this week's reading?
- What do you find meaningful in your own life about this reading?
- What do you think about the relationship between this week's parasha and last week's?
- If you were forced to choose, which do you think is the most important law in this list of laws for humanity in general? For the Jewish people in particular? Explain your answers.
- Create a "top ten" list of laws in this parasha, as if you were writing for Dave Letterman. Explain your choices
- Create a "bottom ten" list - explain your choices
- Choose one of the commentaries from those here at My Jewish Learning that you find particularly relevant and bring it to the table for discussion with your group.
The Autocratic Element
1 week ago