You can find it at http://parshakids.blogspot.com/
Its target audience is kids in 5th through 8th grades who are interested in what their peers are thinking about parshat hashavuah.
- Studying Torah can create a Jewish lens through which to see the world
- Every parasha has important ideas that learners can integrate into their worldview
- One can apply critical thinking skills to study of Torah
- Sharing ideas is a wonderful way to build understanding
- How are the ideas in this parasha meaningful to you?
- How do these ideas relate to your life?
- In what way does using a Jewish lens impact the way you understand the world around you and interact with it?
- There will be one or two statements of ideas from the parasha articulated on the blog
- Participants will be invited to read the post, discuss the ideas with a friend or in class (optional), and post their own thoughts in the comments section of the blog.
- Learners can read the thoughts of others and react to them by posting comments
- Participation on a regular basis will be a marker of engagement
- Teachers will read the posts and comments and may use them in class discussions
I encourage you to try this out with your students if they are in the appropriate grades. I will be reading the comments before posting them publicly to avoid inappropriate language.