- How we perceive people is often affected by their appearance.
- Certain peoples' behavior may honor or dishonor the group they belong to.
- How do you decide when to wear certain clothes?
- When you see someone 'dressed up' what do you think?
- Why do you think people wear uniforms?
- What responsibilities do public figures have to their 'public'?
- Watch this video about the uniforms worn at the Olympics in Vancouver -
- G-dcast posted a video last year about this parasha that explained the uniform of the High Priest in an interesting way
- Aish.com has an article which explains why, when, and which head coverings are traditionally worn by Jews
- Do you think a person wearing a certain uniform has an obligation to behave in a particular way? Explain why or why not.
- In what way do the actions of a person dressed in a way that identifies him or her as a member of a certain group (e.g. Catholic priest, soldier in uniform, Jew wearing a kippah) reflect on the group? Is this fair? Explain why or why not.
- Public figures often behave in ways that bring criticism not only on themselves but on the institutions and individuals they represent (e.g. politicians, athletes, religious leaders). Choose two people you believe fall in this category and recommend what you think they should do.
NOTE: Take a look at the other post that refers to Tetzaveh by clicking on that label in the list of labels